[Samba] Compilation error on Mac OS X 10.4.7

Olivier Meyer roguefugu at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 02:22:12 GMT 2006

Dear List:

I am having difficulties compiling samba-3.0.23d on mac os x.
Here is the output of 'uname -a':
Darwin TI-15 8.7.0 Darwin Kernel Version 8.7.0: Fri May 26 15:20:53
PDT 2006; root:xnu-792.6.76.obj~1/RELEASE_PPC Power Macintosh powerpc

The errors I get are:
Compiling lib/system.c
lib/system.c: In function 'sys_getxattr':
lib/system.c:1420: error: too few arguments to function 'getxattr'
lib/system.c: In function 'sys_fgetxattr':
lib/system.c:1504: error: too few arguments to function 'fgetxattr'
lib/system.c: In function 'sys_listxattr':
lib/system.c:1705: error: too few arguments to function 'listxattr'
lib/system.c: In function 'sys_flistxattr':
lib/system.c:1741: error: too few arguments to function 'flistxattr'
lib/system.c: In function 'sys_removexattr':
lib/system.c:1759: error: too few arguments to function 'removexattr'
lib/system.c: In function 'sys_fremovexattr':
lib/system.c:1811: error: too few arguments to function 'fremovexattr'
lib/system.c: In function 'sys_setxattr':
lib/system.c:1842: error: too few arguments to function 'setxattr'
lib/system.c: In function 'sys_fsetxattr':
lib/system.c:1939: error: too few arguments to function 'fsetxattr'

Since I am a C programmer, I looked at the prototype for getxattr.
It is  ssize_t getxattr(const char *path, const char *name, void
*value, size_t size, u_int32_t position, int options);
and in the lib/system.c, it is called as:
        return getxattr(path, name, value, size);

I think that position and options can safely be set to zero, but could
someone tell me if configure can be told to detect the prototype for
getxattr, and add 0,0 to the argument list.

I am not very good with auto(make|conf).
--
The information in this electronic mail (including attachments, if
any) is privileged and confidential and is intended only for the