[Samba] wierd message

Henrik Hudson lists at rhavenn.net
Wed Dec 13 16:45:02 GMT 2006

Hey List-

I keep having issues with my Master Browser and a OS X machine.

Master Browser: samba 3.0.23 (freebsd 6)
os level = 77
preferred master = yes
domain master = yes
local master = yes

The OS X keeps causing the system to reset and throwing logs like this:
[2006/12/13 09:39:01, 1] nmbd/nmbd_incomingdgrams.c:process_reset_browser(729)
  process_reset_browser: received diagnostic browser reset request from
SCANNERS-COMPUT<00> IP 10.0.0.185 state=0x2

So, what's supposed to be the master keeps getting reset and some of the other
samba enabled computers start seeing the OS X machine as the master and
logins don't work right.

Anyone know how to keep that error from happening or what is it doing?

Thanks.

henrik
--
Henrik Hudson