[Samba] Autocreate share when connect

Rashid N. Achilov achilov-rn at askd.ru
Tue Dec 12 05:59:03 GMT 2006

On Monday 11 December 2006 17:08, markus wrote:
> Rashid N. Achilov schrieb:
> > What about feature autocreate share when first connect occured? When new
user
> > added to domain and he/she first connecting to their home directory on
> > fileserver, it created automatically, sets owner and rights.
>
> Try the option "root prexec" with something like "root preexec =
> /root/bin/mkhome %u %g" and add it into your homes section. The script
> could look like this:

I know about root preexec feature :-) I have my own developed script to do
this way. You can try it at
http://www.askd.ru/~shelton/newstore/checkhomes.tar.bz2

I have asked Samba Team members about inserting this feature inside a core
code. I think, that's not so hard - when connection doing and file not found,
observe config file and create it.
--
   With Best Regards.
   Rashid N. Achilov (RNA1-RIPE), Web: http://www.askd.ru/~shelton