[Samba] Samba and automount?

Bjørn Tore Sund bjorn.sund at it.uib.no
Sat Dec 9 17:58:06 GMT 2006

I tried pam_mount but have had several issues; primarily with getting
rid of the mount later.  pam_cifs is simpler, easier and better for cifs
- http://sourceforge.net/projects/pam-cifs.  Combined with pam_mkhomedir
you should be getting very close.  I'm using pam_cifs on a network with
(currently) 400 linux clients, mounting home directories directly from a
Samba share.

-BT

Bjørn Tore Sund       Phone: 555-84894   Email:   bjorn.sund at it.uib.no
IT department         VIP:   81724       Support: http://bs.uib.no
Univ. of Bergen

When in fear and when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.