[Samba] Issues with samba PDC + WinXP clients

Cybionet cybionet at videotron.ca
Fri Dec 8 18:00:54 GMT 2006

Greeting mikko,

  Don't use the registry modification! It is not necessary and cause
security vulnerability on the Windows professionnal client.

  Your LDAP section seen not to be configure correctly on the smb.conf.
But it's is not the actual problem with the error message. I can't
remember what is the problem, but it is very simple to resolve. I will
make some test to have the same error...surely not to long to reproduce :-).

  If you use LDAP, I suggest you to not use logon options in Samba but
use the LDAP options in the directory.

  By example:

       logon home -->  sambaHomePath
       logon path   -->  sambaProfilePath