[Samba] AD integration checklist

Simon Renshaw simon at benchmarkconsulting.com
Fri Dec 8 16:12:36 GMT 2006

Hi,

I compiled Samba 3.0.23d on a CentOS 4.4 machine. Then I configured
/etc/krb5.conf for my domain. Was able to successfully run kinit and
join my Windows 2003 domain with a net ads join. Net ads user and net
ads group returns the users and the groups of the domain.

So far so good.

I'm kinda stuck on the next step. I would like to grant access to the
share defined in smb.conf to anybody in the domain. How do I make it
authenticate users on the domain instead of using the server?

Content of smb.conf:

[global]
workgroup = BENCHCAN
server string = Virtual Linux
wins server = 192.168.64.20
netbios name = BACKUP
realm = BENCHMARKCANADA.COM
password server = castor-srvr1.benchmarkcanada.com
security = ADS

[share]
path = /
guest ok = no