[Samba] Does Samba/Winbind not follow nested groups in AD?!?

Aaron Kincer kincera at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 23:42:30 GMT 2006

I had some problems with authentication on a Red Hat server due to corrupted
.tdb files in /var/cache/samba and fixed it by deleting them. You could give
it a shot by stopping Samba and Winbind, backing up those files to be safe,
delete them and restart Samba and WInbind.

If that doesn't work, I suspect there is a problem with your AD forest. All
the pieces should be there for you.