[Samba] Trouble getting samba AD integration to work

soleblazer soleblazer at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 22:33:18 GMT 2006

Greetings,

I have followed the steps to get Samba setup as a member of AD.  Following
the instructions I was able to get the samba server added to the AD.  When I
run wbinfo -g for example, I see all of the groups on the AD.  If I do
something like kinit with my AD login, I enter my password and it works.  I
enter a bad AD password and it fails.

So I think alot of this is setup.  My problem is I cannot get Samba to
authenticate to AD.  When I am logged into a windoze box and try and get to
a share, the password dialogue comes up.  I enter my AD username/password
and it never works.  For the share I made the AD group that I belong to in
the write list.  Do I need to do anything else?

Here is my config, I appreciate any help, I think I am close. Like I said,
wbinfo -g shows the groups from AD fine, so I know communication is
happening.  I also see packets going back and forth between this box and the
AD box.

# Global parameters
[global]
workgroup = MYDOMAIN.COM
realm = MYDOMAIN.COM
server string = Samba Server sgflnbmedia11
security = ADS
password server = wpdc1.mydomain.com
log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
max log size = 50