[Samba] 64bit vs 32bit performance on Solaris

Brian H. Nelson bnelson at cis.ysu.edu
Thu Dec 7 14:31:34 GMT 2006

I was wondering if anyone could speak for performance of 64bit vs 32bit
builds of Samba on the Solaris SPARC platform. The only topics I found
in the archive had to do only with removing the 256 max open file limit
of a 32bit build. I have not run into that particular problem, but
wondered if 64bit would perform any better overall. My hunch would be
no, but perhaps someone else has already done the comparison.

Thanks,
-Brian