[Samba] Samba 3 LDAP backend cannot authenticate

Brad Askew Brad.Askew at Tsch.biz
Wed Dec 6 21:03:50 GMT 2006

I am trying to setup a samba3 pdc using samba 3.0.21b with openldap
backend, running freebsd 6.1 release, and openldap server is version
2.2.30. The short of it is: I cannot get any of my windows boxes to join
the domain. Also no ldap cn entries can login to the server, but if I
attempt to login to say #su user1, where user1 is an entry in the LDAP
directory, but does not have a unix account I can see that LDAP gets the
search query, but I am still not able to log in. I basically do not know
where to trouble shoot? Please any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks.

--
Brad