[Samba] Does Samba/Winbind not follow nested groups in AD?!?

James A. Dinkel jdinkel at bucoks.com
Wed Dec 6 06:17:02 GMT 2006

I've put the "winbind nested groups = yes" in the global section of my
samba.conf.  (Sorry, I did go over the swat help text, I must have
missed this).  I went ahead and rebooted the server and tried it again,
but it's still a no-go.

Aaron, in the smb.conf you showed me, you did not have "winbind nested
groups = yes" ?!?  I don't remember if you've told me, but are you using
the default Samba 3.0.22 that comes with Ubuntu 6.06?

Could there be something wrong with my Winbind setup?  Something that
has to do with nss_winbind maybe?  Is there any way I can test this from
the Samba server, using wbinfo maybe?