[SAMBA]: Samba environment variable for Windows(%USERNAME%)?

Maurice Forte mforte at us.ibm.com
Tue Dec 5 22:18:31 GMT 2006

Hi,

I am running Samba 3.0.23D on AIX server with LDAP backend.   For security
reasons,  I want to ensure users are logged onto their Windows
workstations with the same userid they are connecting
to the Samba share.    I know via Samba environment variables that I can
capture the effective share userid(Samba env var %u) but I am looking for
a way either via Samba environment variables or other mechanism to tell
Samba to capture the Windows client username(%USERNAME%) so that I can
reject access to Samba share if they don't match.

Thanks in advance,
Maurice Forte
Email: mforte at us.ibm.com