[Samba] restrict what users can log onto each workstation

Toni Casueps casueps at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 5 12:12:46 GMT 2006

I've tried it with users and it works, but now I can't set it for groups.
I've created a Unix group with the denied users and I've written in
/etc/samba/smbusers:

denied = @denied

also in smb.conf I've set

username map = /etc/samba/smbusers

but I still can't see that group in the "Select user or group" dialog on
Windows

I use Samba 3.0.13

Anyway, that isn't so important. Thanks very much.