[Samba] LDAP, checkpwnam and PDC

Edmundo Valle Neto edmundo.valle at terra.com.br
Mon Dec 4 18:03:12 GMT 2006

If you dont want some users to be able to login using their posix
accounts give to them a null shell, put /bin/false in the shell
attribute. I dont know what distribution do you use or what is the
default of idealx scripts, but in Debian, smbldap-tools (the packaged
idealx scripts) does that by default. That way any access that requires
a shell will not work for these users.

Regards.

Edmundo Valle Neto