[Samba] Winbindd question

Marc Muehlfeld Marc.Muehlfeld at medizinische-genetik.de
Sat Dec 2 22:53:17 GMT 2006

Hi,

is there a way to make winbindd on a PDC show the user and groups of
itself and of his trusted domains? I need some groups of both domains for
directories on one PDC. But when I used winbindd samba don`t looked up the
local ones any more. Is there a way to do this? Or is it planned to add
this feature? I found a posting of Gerald Carter from Dec 2005, that its
not working:

Gerald (Jerry) Carter jerry at samba.org
>winbindd on a PDC only alloocates Unix ids for users and groups from
>trusted domains.  Not its own domain.

Best regards
Marc

--
Marc Muehlfeld (Leitung Systemadministration)
Zentrum fuer Humangenetik und Laboratoriumsmedizin Dr. Klein und Dr. Rost