[Samba] Error: Failed to open /etc/samba/secrets.tbd

Giuoco, Aaron AGiuoco at atlantia.com
Fri Dec 1 22:11:38 GMT 2006

I finally found the answer to this problem.  The server was running
SELinux and this was causing the error.  I ran the command:

setenforce 0

and then restarted winbind.  Winbind started with no errors.  I got the
solution from the following forum post:

http://forums.fedoraforum.org/archive/index.php/t-59414.html

So evidently SELinux and winbind don't play well together.  Does anyone
know of a way to keep SELinux running but put in an exception for the
winbind process?  I tried the suggestion in that forum post with no
success.

AG