[Samba] Rev #2 of the 3.02.3c patch

david rankin drankin at cox-internet.com
Thu Aug 31 21:00:50 GMT 2006

>From: "Greg Freemyer" <greg.freemyer at gmail.com>
>

>> Thanks for all your and the team's hard work! Now if Lars will just build
>> the 3.0.23c binaries for SuSE, well be in great shape. I still can't
>> figure
>> out how to get it to compile with all the options he has in the SuSE spec
>> file..... Oh well........
>>

> David,
>
> I have not been following this too closely, but your comment caught my
> eye.  Have you experimented with rpmbuild?
>
> For this situation I think you would just get the old 3.0.23b source
> rpm from lars.
>
> then
> rpmbuild -bp      # this will extract the 23b source and apply any
> suse specific patches.
> apply the 3.0.23c patch to the source
> rpmbuild -bc       # this will compile the patched code with the suse
> options
> rpmbuild -bi        # This should install the compiled code
>
> I did not test the above process, but I've used rpmbuild -bb before to
> back compile suse factory code to a released distro.  I did not have
> any issues.
>
> Greg

Greg,

    Thanks! I have thought about doing the rpmbuild, but I hadn't had the
time to figure out how to get the patched source into the source rpm other
than patching it and then zipping the source up and moving it to the SOURCE
directory and then doing a rpmbuild --rebuild on the .srpm.

    Thanks, I'll give it a try....

--
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
RANKIN LAW FIRM, PLLC