[Samba] windows SID are unknown for a samba member server?

Alexander Lazarevich alazarev at itg.uiuc.edu
Thu Aug 31 17:03:30 GMT 2006

More info:

In additon, samba logs indicate the problem with this message:

[2006/08/31 11:08:06, 2]
   rpc_server/srv_samr_nt.c:_samr_lookup_domain(2797)
   Returning domain sid for domain DUDESDOMAIN ->
   S-1-5-21-744321777-3942209422-1033525612

That SID is not DUDESDOMAIN\dudeman SID. That SID must be created by samba
when it can't resolve the SID for the DUDESMAN domain. It is very odd that
it *says* it's getting that SID from the DUDESDOMAIN, but I assure you the
SID is not correct.

Thanks,

Alex