[Samba] cifs error 0xffffff90

Moses Moore moomo at touchtunes.com
Thu Aug 31 14:39:13 GMT 2006

Samba 3.0.22 and RedHat Enterprise Linux 4.
I'm getting these errors, and searching mailing list archives shows other people had similiar errors, but I haven't found a response.

Aug 30 19:18:21 nfssrv2-cx kernel:  CIFS VFS: No response buffer
Aug 30 19:18:36 nfssrv2-cx kernel:  CIFS VFS: No response buffer
Aug 30 19:18:36 nfssrv2-cx kernel:  CIFS VFS: Error 0xffffff90 or on cifs_get_inode_info in lookup

The machine has one mounted directory from a Win2k3 server, and also offers mount points to windows machines via smbd.

How would I diagnose this problem?