[Samba] Authentication fails (sometimes)

Mario Lipinski mario.lipinski at gymszbad.de
Wed Aug 30 23:37:01 GMT 2006

Hello,

i reproduced the problem with the tdbsam backend.

I uploaded a full log (from samba start till stop) to
http://l4w.info/log.smbd.2006-08-31_01:04.bz2

I tried to login on Host GARGAMEL to Domain GSB with user admin at
1:04:01.

GARGAMEL is running Windows 2000 SP4 Server and had a remote desktop
session for admin running which i whould have attached. Terminal
services are configured for admin mode.

The PDC for GSB is GARFIELD running Samba 3.0.23c-gwc-2.

The loggin attempt failed with the message I were not allowed to login
to the session, which means I have no admin rights. The password was
already verified then.

There are no conflicts with other users. After restarting Samba (a few
times), login succeeds.

For information about group mappings, users, groups and group membership
see my prior posting.

I really hope to get a solution soon and I apologize for the confusion
earlier.

Mario