[Samba] Can't mount a networking drive

KOUAO aketchi aketchik at yahoo.fr
Wed Aug 30 17:16:22 GMT 2006

Hello,

  I have installed  a debian etch testing unstable on a dell pe sc420 server. I have configured smb.conf and i have added  passdb backend = smbpassw:/etc/samba/smbpasswd . when i test the smb.conf  by testparm , no message appears. However , when i try to connect with a  windows xp pro  in the network by:
   drive : Y
   folder : \\server ip address\name of a folder in smb.conf file
  When ok is made :
  this panel appears :
  user:
  passwd:
  when i fill these  entries , this reappears with this :
  user : pc's hostname\name of folder in smb.conf file
  passwd: ........
  i the    log message , we can find :
  auth/auth-util.....
  create_builtin_users: failed  to create users
  failed to create builtin\administrator groups
  samba 3.0 23b-2 is used
  Thanks