[Samba] Automatic conversion of files

Peter Andersson peter at legio.mine.nu
Wed Aug 30 10:38:37 GMT 2006

Hi,
I am setting up a samba server where i intend to store audio files. Since
they require quite a lot of disk space i thought of compressing them in
the flac audio format. The thing is that flac is not supported in many
programs we use here. So here are my questions:

1.) Is it possible to configure samba to display .flac files as .wav?
2.) Is it possible to convert the .flac files to wav on the fly when they
are transfered from the server.

Basically i want to be able to copy flac, mp3, ogg files to the samba
server without conversion. From the windows clients they should show up as
wav files. And when they are copied from the smb server to the windows
client they will be converted to wav files.

Any input you have on this will be very appreciated.

Thanks

/Peter