[Samba] multiple sid's one uid

Christian McHugh christian.mchugh at NAU.EDU
Mon Aug 28 06:36:55 GMT 2006

Howdy all,
Does anyone have any good advice for trying to serve to windows clients
in a two domain enviroment? There is the possiblilty of users connecting
with the same username and password from two different domains. As the
accounts are generated from an ldap server, the identical usernames in
the two domains share a single uid.

Point being since the samba server is in one domain, it assumes that the
username connecting from the same domain is the owner, while the same
username, but different sid, from the other domain gets mapped as other.

I realize this is pretty wacky, but is there some way to force both
accounts to act as owner?

I should also mention the uid is comming from the windows servers, not
some winbind mapping.

Thanks,
Christian