[Samba] release_posix_lock: unable to find entry to delete with Samba3.0.23b on Redhat ES4

Andrew Wilson andrew.wilson at westlakes.ac.uk
Tue Aug 29 20:41:15 GMT 2006

Jeremy,

I have located the source of this error in our config' - we had "posix
locking=no" in force on the share we are using to host the NT/XP
profiles (See the definition below). When we remove this (to allow the
default posix locking) the errors go away - they were occuring during
log on and log off from Windows XP clients. I probably should have
spotted this one - so sorry about that. However I do remember having to
put this setting in place with a much older version of Samba, running
under Solaris, in order to get the profiles to work reliably. In any
case I am not sure whether you think this setting should be causing a
panic in smbd under these circumstances ?

Best Regards

Andrew

[profile]
  comment = My Profile Data