[Samba] Storing privilege info in ldap

David Williams davidjw at calypso-it.co.uk
Tue Aug 29 16:49:56 GMT 2006

Hello

I have a Samba server 3.0.22 pdc on Gentoo Linux with a ldap backend all
working fine. I am now going to add a bdc to the setup. It seems that
the privilege info is stored locally rather than in ldap. I suspect that
it's in account_policy.tdb but I'm not sure. I can see the accounts on
the bdc and logon fine but the rights are missing when i run "net rpc
rights list". I can add the info in manually but that creates a future
admin job.

Is there any way to store the rights in LDAP?

thanks

David Williams