[Samba] Configure Options while build Samba and OpenLDAP?

Logan Shaw lshaw at emitinc.com
Tue Aug 29 15:43:04 GMT 2006

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006, updatemyself . wrote:
> what about.. ldap options..?
>
> any one can help?

I rebuilt Samba for Slackware and added LDAP in the build
since Slackware doesn't have LDAP by default (at all).

All I had to do was set these environment variables:

     CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/pkg/openldap/include"
     LDAP_LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/pkg/openldap/lib -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/pkg/openldap/lib"

and add this "./configure" option:

     --with-ldap=yes

The two environmen variables were only needed because I have
my OpenLDAP libraries installed in a non-standard place.
(There isn't a Slackware package for OpenLDAP that I know of,
and I didn't feel like making one, so I just put all the
OpenLDAP stuff in its own directory to keep it separate.)
If you have your OpenLDAP includes in /usr/include and your
OpenLDAP libraries in /usr/lib, you wouldn't need those two
environment variables.

All that applies to Slackware, but it should be fairly similar
for Debian, I would think.

   - Logan