[Samba] change password on 1st signon

Guido Lorenzutti guido at lorenzutti.com.ar
Tue Aug 29 04:01:36 GMT 2006

pdbedit -i smbpasswd -e tdbsam
This ONLY migrate your smbpasswd to tdbsam. You must first take down the
samba server.
Now backup your smbpasswd to another directory.
Know, modify the smb.conf:

There it says "passdb backend = smbpasswd" just put the tdbsam instead
of smbpasswd.

Before you start up the samba daemon again, you can do pdbedit -Lv
username to see if everything is OK.
If this works, start up the daemon and everything should be OK.