[Samba] Can't connect to Samba share when using "security = server"

Ralf Aumüller Ralf.Aumueller at informatik.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon Aug 28 10:13:52 GMT 2006

Hello,

when I try to connect from Client-1 (Windows 2003 Server with AD-Server)
to a share on Samba-Server-1 (security = server, password server =
Samba-Server-2) I got the error "No network provider accepted the given
network path". There is no popup for the login information.

If I try to access the share from a PC running Windows XP Professional
everything works without any problems (after giving my credentials).

Even when I change the configuration of Samba-Server-1 to "security = user"
and copy the accout info from smbpasswd file from Samba-Server-2 to
Samba-Server-1 I can connect to the share.
So the problem seems to be with the "authentication forwarding".
(All Samba-servers work like expected except if i try to conect from
Client-1 with Windows 2003 Server and AD to Samba-Server-1).

Name: Client-1
OS:   Windows 2003 Server
     AD-Server for Domain A

Name: Samba-Server-1