[Samba] Wrong Username reported to MS Office if file is opened already

Logan Shaw lshaw at emitinc.com
Fri Aug 25 15:40:27 GMT 2006

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006, trigital at web.de wrote:
> I run a Suse 9.3 with Samba 3.013.
> If a User opens a file which another User has already opened M$ Office reports
> that the User who saved the file the last time has locked the file, not the
> actual User, who holds it open.
> My Sambaserver is a Domain Member of a W2k Domain.

I don't know the solution, but I suspect the answer you're
going to get is to try upgrading to something more recent,
like 3.0.23b, since your 3.0.13 is fairly old.

Also, I have a similar issue, but instead of the previous user,
what I see is the Unix group name instead of the username.
So maybe related, but maybe not.

   - Logan