[Samba] Re: winbind HOWTO specifically for backend_ad?

David Shapiro David.Shapiro at bcbsnc.com
Fri Aug 25 14:41:13 GMT 2006

I guess it is my lack of knowledge on how all these things work, but is
it basically the case that I cannot use backend_ad without nss?  Does
the pdc require that it is running something special?  What exactly is
sfu?  Is that something that is configured just on the samba/unix box?

David

David Shapiro
Distributed Systems
Unix Team Lead
office: 919-765-2011
cellphone: 730-0538

David Shapiro wrote:

> Does anybody have a howto step-by-step type document on how to
implement
> the backend_ad?

Samba-HOWTO?
http://us1.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/