[Samba] Problem with large files corrupting during transfer

Ramsey Wes - wramse Wes.Ramsey at acxiom.com
Fri Aug 25 12:58:20 GMT 2006

That's not exactly what I wanted to hear, but I guess we have no choice
but to build a work around. Our NT servers are no longer supported
because of an upgrade to a new system, and we're one of the few teams
left using the old system - therefore, I can't request any patches or
changes be applied on that end. Our migration has been discussed, but it
will take several months and I'm afraid we're already weeks behind going
to this new server.

One other option though...is there an older version of Samba that might
work between NT and our AIX box? We tried yesterday to install 2.2.8a,
and this is the return:

Compiling printing/nt_printing.c
Compiling smbd/noquotas.c
Compiling smbd/oplock.c
Compiling smbd/oplock_irix.c
Compiling smbd/oplock_linux.c
Compiling smbd/notify.c
Compiling smbd/notify_hash.c
Compiling smbd/notify_kernel.c
Linking bin/smbd
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .VA_COPY
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .SAFE_FREE
ld: 0711-345 Use the -bloadmap or -bnoquiet option to obtain more
information.
collect2: ld returned 8 exit status

Is it possible to fix the makefile so that it will work?

privileged.

communication is strictly prohibited.

of it from your computer system.

Thank You.