[Samba] net ads join help

Brian D. McGrew brian at visionpro.com
Thu Aug 24 14:14:44 GMT 2006

I'm not sure that the problem is with net ads join but I'm in desperate
need of help either way.

Using smb Version 3.0.23a-1.fc4.1

I do a net ads join I get the below error:

[root at mustang tmp]# net ads join -U exservice at MACHINEVISIONPRODUCTS.COM
exservice at MACHINEVISIONPRODUCTS.COM's password:
Using short domain name -- MVP
Failed to set servicePrincipalNames. Please ensure that
the DNS domain of this server matches the AD domain,
Or rejoin with using Domain Admin credentials.
Disabled account for 'MUSTANG' in realm 'MACHINEVISIONPRODUCTS.COM'
[root at mustang tmp]#

However, after doing a kinit I can then do a smbclient //server/c$ -k
and I'm right in.  My problem is that Windows clients can't access
shares on the Unix Samba server.

This is a critical network down issue; please help asap!!!

Thanks!

:b!

Brian D. McGrew { brian at visionpro.com || brian at doubledimension.com }
--
> This is a test.  This is only a test!
  Had this been an actual emergency, you would have been
  told to cancel this test and seek professional assistance!