[Samba] Samba + ldap documentation

Matt Richardson marichar at csusb.edu
Wed Aug 23 15:44:28 GMT 2006

Jean-Michel Caricand wrote:
>> Hai All,
>>
>> can anyone give me a proper documentation to do
>> samba + ldap PDC
>>
>> in my environment 50% of machine is in windows and 50% in
> redhat linux..
>> winXP and RHEL3 and RHEL4
>>
>> if anyone can give a proper documentation ... that will be a
> grate help..
>> thank you in advance
>> jerrynikky.
>> --
>>

> Hi,
>
> I use http://us2.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-Guide/ to
> build my environnemnt :
>
> Servers PDC and BDC : Debian/LDAP/Samba 3.0.14
> Client : Fedora Core 4 and Windows XP Pro SP2
>
> All works fine.
>
> Cheers.
>

> Jean-Michel Caricand
>
> jean-michel.caricand at laposte.net
>

> Cet été, pensez aux cartes postales de laposte.net !

I used that as well for my Debian-based system, chapter 5 specifically.
  If I recall, the docs are oriented towards Red Hat and Suse, so you
shouldn't have too much trouble walking through the steps.  One day I'll
write up my notes on how my Debian install was different.

--
Matt Richardson
IT Consultant