[Samba] HPUX net ads join

J J Urich jjurich at divms.uiowa.edu
Wed Aug 23 15:15:11 GMT 2006

Jerry,

Checked http://www.software.hp.com and did a search for kerberos, and
turns out HP has a new client and server version available for 11.23.

http://h20293.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=KRB5CLIENT

what is new in this release:

Kerberos Client version C.1.3.5.03 includes the following features new
from Kerberos Client version 1.0:

     * SASL/GSS-API bind to Netscape Directory Server used to fail when
SSL was enabled. This problem has been fixed in this release.
     *Support for powerful cryptographic algorithms like 3DES, RC4, and AES
     *Support for TCP Kerberos Client libraries can now use TCP to
connect to KDC. This may be necessary for the libraries to communicate
with Microsoft KDCs (domain controllers) if they issue tickets with
excessive PAC data.
     *Security fixes up to version 1.3.5 made by MIT in the open source
version of Kerberos Client

Installed it, rebuild samba and now net ads join works on a test hpux
system.  I'll schedule a down time and try it in production shortly.

Cheers,

JJ

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

JJ Urich
CSG Director

The University of Iowa
Phone 319-335-0750
Email: jjurich at divms dot uiowa dot edu