[Samba] Excel error

Dominic Iadicicco diadicic at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 13:46:35 GMT 2006

Ok, I have more info on this problem.  On my version of this problem
anyway.  It's a weird Problem.

>From what I see. The owner of group doesn't get this error when they are
saving files to this share.  The other users are in the group, they are
using the group as their primary group but when they save it pop up with
the  "the file ...xls has been saved.................." Now after they
choose to over write the changes and if they keep the file open they can
continue to make saves without the popup error.  Once they close the file
and reopen it and try to save, They get the error again.  After a change is
made no matter who makes the change the group owner never receives this
error.

This is really puzzling