[Samba] Win2k/XP ntconfig.pol

primus primus7 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 03:31:58 GMT 2006

We have a SAMBA Domain and I am trying to get group policies to work.
>From all the reading that I have done, it seems simple.
For Win 2k,XP run the poledit.exe that was in win 2k sp4. Create the
group policies as required. Copy the policy file (ntconfig.pol) to the
netlogon share on all DC's, give it the appropriate permissions, make
readable and executable and "Bob's your uncle Bill"
However the client I am testing it on does not even seem to reference
the policy file let-alone try and apply it.
I know ther is something silly I am missing. Can anyone shed some light.