[Samba] Authentication/name resolution with Samba print server

Anni Evanoff aevanoff at pdx.edu
Tue Aug 22 18:32:47 GMT 2006

Hello~

I am setting up a Samba domain member server (on an Active Directory
domain) that will act only as a print server, not an authentication
server.  So do I need any ID mapping services running, like winbind? Or
any authentication services like kerberos?  I know I will need name
resolution for the printers in the printcap file for AD publishing and
for the ACL's...is winbind ID mapping used for this?

--
Anni Marie Evanoff
Windows System Administrator
aevanoff at pdx.edu