[Samba] Differences between 'logon home' and 'logon path'?

Robert Adkins radkins at impelind.com
Tue Aug 22 14:58:15 GMT 2006

Hey All,

    I am going with creating a new Samba PDC, instead of trying to coax
data files off of the old server at this time. Thankfully we have fewer
then 40 workstations. So, this won't take to long.

    However, I am running into a snag. I want to duplicate much of what
was in the old smb.conf, only I am finding a few differences and new
parts in the 3.x line of Samba that wasn't part of the 2.x line of Samba.

    What's the difference between the 'login home' and the 'logon path'?

    Both seem to be pointing to some kind of profile, but have slightly
different paths and slightly different end points with 'profile' in the
line.

    Thanks,
    Rob