[Samba] Updating samba and change server

amarin amarin at mr-service.it
Mon Aug 21 09:32:12 GMT 2006

Hi all,

in this weak-end I change my server linux for hardware problems.
For change samba I follow the steps in the official howto.

I install the new software samba-3.0.23a.fc5.1, the older was 3.0.10.xxxxx
I see the old sid number with

NET RPC GETSID

I setup the new sid in the new server with

NET SETLOCALSID XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Now both server have the same sid number. I copy the smb.conf, smbpasswd, passwd,
shadow, group files to the new server I control with pdbedit -v command and the both
data is correct.

I loggin into the client and with smbstatus I see the machine and the user, but when I
try to open a folder like home or others folders the samba respond to me

[2006/08/21 12:02:06, 0] smbd/service.c:make_connection_snum(911)
  '/home' does not exist or permission denied when connecting to [home] Error was
Permission denied

I don't know why because I'm authenticate from the server.
Can someone help me
Thanks Andrea