[Samba] Re: Strange Usermapping problem with 3.0.23b

Sat Aug 19 18:10:23 GMT 2006

On Sat, Aug 19, 2006 at 05:36:00PM +0200, Matthias Schündehütte wrote:
> It's FreeBSD 5.5-RELEASE (on my Server) and FreeBSD-6.1-STABLE (on my
> Workstation), both with Heimdal-Kerberos.
>
> I must admit that the/my previous version of Samba (3.0.22) was
> compiled using MITs Kerberos V 1.5... But 'kinit' worked with Heimdal
> as well as 'net ads join' so I thought that was Ok... I prefer Heimdal
> because it's part of the base OS.

The fact that net ads join works is a good indication but
not a 100% guarantee that the libs can correctly verify the
ticket that comes in. Without really knowing what's going on
I'd still recommend to try with a different Kerberos
version.

Volker