[Samba] samba install query

Davies, Gareth daviesga at visa.com
Fri Aug 18 10:39:57 GMT 2006

I have a problem configuring my install of samba on solaris, version 3.0.22 which was downloaded from the link below. It appears to install correctly when running the 'pkgadd -d <file>' command, but i wish to be able to configure it to use the winbindd daemon (i.e. run ./configure --with-winbind) but i am unsure how i do this as i am unable to find the configure utility to be able run it.

http://us4.samba.org/samba/ftp/Binary_Packages/solaris/sparc/

Any ideas? Have i downloaded the incorrect package?

Server details that i am attempting the install on :
SunOS ss44bscme02 5.8 Generic_117350-34 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V440

Regards

Gareth Davies | IT Division | Visa Europe | T +44 (0) 1256 891634 | F +44 (0) 1256 705961 | www.visaeurope.com

This email (including attachments) is confidential and is solely intended for the addressee. Unless you are the addressee, you may not read, use or store this email in any way, or permit others to. If you have received it in error, please contact Visa Europe on +44 (0)20 7937 8111.