[Samba] OSX file creation problems

Wagener, Harald hwagener at hamburg.fcb.com
Fri Aug 18 07:37:54 GMT 2006

Am 17.08.2006 23:42 Uhr schrieb "Daniel Davidson" <danield at igb.uiuc.edu>:

> I have done some digging and found out more.  The problem seems to be
> that OS X is reporting the 5TB drive as 1TB and since there is over 1TB
> on the drive, it shows as full.  Does anyone know of a work around for
> this?

Upgrade to 10.4.x - IIRC, 10.3.x does use 32bit offsets for filesystem type,
which implies a 4TB maximum size.

We have 10.4.x users accessing a 4.4TB store here, which reports storage
size fine.

Be advised though, that Apple is shipping an ancient self-hacked release of
Samba (3.0.10), and all sorts of breakage may be due to this.

Regards,
    Harald

--
harald wagener