[Samba] OSX file creation problems

Daniel Davidson danield at igb.uiuc.edu
Thu Aug 17 18:44:21 GMT 2006

I am running a REHL 4.3 server with samba RPMs:

3.0.10-1.4e.9

When an os X client connects to our samba server it can copy files from
the server an overwrite other files that already exist.  However when it
comes time to create a file, it fails, where this process works
correctly from a windows system.  In addition, I can go to where the
volume is mounted on the os X (10.3.7) machine and copy files there.

This isn't a problem for me, but it is for my users, has anyone else
experienced this?

thanks,

Dan