[Samba] MAC to Windows 2003

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Aug 17 02:40:29 GMT 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-16 at 22:01 -0400, martind wrote:
> Where do I find a version of Samba that will work on Windows 2003?
>
> I would be happy to test a bata version of one was available.
>
> I need to connect new MAC G5's to a Windows 2003 server for file sharing and
> storage.

On the client side, this is Apple's CIFS client, not Samba.  You could
use our tools such as smbclient, but that won't show up as a mounted
filesystem.

What is the problem you are having?  If it is SMB Signing, then I would
keep an eye out for newer versions of Apple's OS, or turn of the
requirement for SMB signing on the server.

Andrew Bartlett