[Samba] Samba3 ACL problem with Windows XP

Jim McDonough jmcd at samba.org
Wed Aug 16 13:48:17 GMT 2006

On 8/16/06, plug bert <plugbert at yahoo.com> wrote:

> i am using the stock samba 3 package on
> FC4(samba-3.0.14a-2), and have set up winbind

For starters, is there any reason you wouldn't update to 3.0.23a, since
that's the current version on FC4?

I also notice these two lines:

> # file: /data/admin_stuff

and

> [root at localhost ADMIN]# getfacl user1.txt

which suggest that your getfacl on the directory you show us is not the same
where these files are...unless you have a symlink.

In any case, I'd suggest first updating your packages, and if it still
occurs, turn on some debugging and look for the access denied error.