[Samba] Reset Workstation Trust (Was: Domain migration from 2.2.x to 3.0.x)

Rory Vieira rory.vieira at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 13:15:54 GMT 2006

Hi,

Here's a weird one for y'all...

14 machines are in the domain DOM. for 4 workstation an entry exists
in both passwd and smbpasswd. The other 10 do NOT have any account
(linux or samba) but can logon without a problem on the 2.2.x domain.

Now the domain is migrated from 2.2.x to 3.0.21c on SuSE 9.3

I have copied the smbpasswd back, and also the tdb files.
The 4 workstations mentioned can now login on the samba 3 domain
without a problem.

The other 10 claim that their computer account could not be located or
has a wrong password.
I now created the linux and samba accounts by hand.

I now want to 'reset' the trust relationship between those ten and
samba 3 WITHOUT re-adding the workstations (It's going to wreak havok
on the stored user profiles)

I have been looking at NETDOM.EXE that *might* do something for me...
But it isn't working for me att all...

As I'm working on it NOW, I hope someone has an answer quickly :)

Cheers,
--
Rory Vieira
rory dot vieira at gmail dot com