[Samba] Re: Samba log hell

reader at newsguy.com reader at newsguy.com
Sat Aug 12 15:24:28 GMT 2006

"Gerald (Jerry) Carter" <jerry at samba.org> writes:

> reader at newsguy.com wrote:

>>> Yup.  You need 3.0.23b plus the patch I posted today.
>>> You're using an smbpasswd file right ?
>>
>> Yes,  Ok, working on it, but I don't understand why
>> this quit working suddenly.
>
> I would suggest reviewing the archive for the list
> over the past two weeks.

Changes in Sid behaviour recently introduced ... I guess.
Sorry to have bugged you when I could have just looked around a bit.

>> What do you think is going to change by doing this?
>
> We fixed bugs that are probably affecting your installation.
> If you don't want to to go the trouble of getting the
> latest code, that's up to you.

It wasn't meant retorically.  It was a genuine question.
But I'll find out soon enough with my own build as suggested.

I'm still a little confused about something.  You said to install the
newest release and patches, but somewhere else it was said that the
patches are inside samba-3.0.23b.tar.gz.

So is the only file I need to download samba-3.0.23b.tar.gz?