[Samba] share access problem with %G

Jacky Chan bigserpent at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 16:14:37 GMT 2006

Hi Jerry,

I followed the example (
http://de.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-Guide/small.html) to study Samba.
The configuration is came from the Samba example and I may not fully
understood the configuration.

I have a unix user "jackyacct" and assigned "acctsdep" as primary group.

The unix directory access right is 775 and the group owner is "acctsdep".

The example mentioned "Network users will be given access to these shares by
way of group membership".

Is %G means, all user within the group can access the share "accounts" ?

I have tried %G and it does't work, after I did some research, I changed it
to @unixgroup and it work finally.

What %G means in this Samba example ?