[Samba] Domain migration from 2.2.x to 3.0.x

Rory Vieira rory.vieira at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 15:15:33 GMT 2006

Hi,

One of my customers is running a pretty old Redhat 8 (Psyche) server
with Samba 2.2.something (I think 7). Next week I'm planned to upgrade
his Redhat platform to SuSE 9.3 and also update his samba to 3.0.23b.

My biggest worry is that this customer has about 14 workstations
already in the 2.2.x domain.
I would like to know WHAT to do so I won't have to re-add all those
machines again, as this will take up a lot of my time.

Eg Upgrading Samba without losing the workstation accounts etc...

Thanks in advance (and cheers)...
--
Rory Vieira
rory dot vieira at gmail dot com