[Samba] Users owner name and group stopping other users editing files and or creating directories

Brent Clark bclark at eccotours.co.za
Thu Aug 10 14:49:49 GMT 2006

Hey all

I seem to have a problem whereby a specfic user writes and creates in one of servers shares and on doing so. The user and group is owned by that user.

Normally the default owner group is nobody.nogroup

This is an example of one of my shares.

security = share

[mydocs]
    comment = Company docs
    path = /spare1/mydocs
    guest ok = yes
    writable = yes

So basically this user creates a directory or a file on the share, then my other users can not ammend or edit the files / directories.
I have a basic setup whereby any and all my users must / should be able to add / edit on the shares etc.

Im sure its just a setting on this users machine, but I cant possible think of what could be causing this.

If anyone could assit, I would be most greatful.

Kind Regards
Brent Clark